The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday June 28, 2010 at 17:32
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On June 28, 2010 at 16:14, HackSacken said...
I have tried the 2008 TVs posted here; to no avail.  The manual does provide codes however they list it as Hex(a). (pg. 115) I have "attempted" to get these from Hex to Pronto with no luck.

The Pronto Hex you linked to in your first link appears to be the correct translation of the manufacture hex on page 115 of the manual you linked to second.

The Pronto Hex 3FG posted also matches.

It has a learn IR function which does not seem to be working with the TV remote.

Very strange, this is a completely ordinary IR protocol that should not be hard to learn.

Try new batteries in the TV remote. Batteries in the sending remote may be too weak to create a signal that can be learned, but still plenty strong enough to create a signal that operates the device.

But more likely something is wrong with the way you have programmed/configured your Ocelot.

Edit: One other possibility. Your learning technique may be wrong. With many IR protocols, you can safely press the original remote button before the learning system really starts learning. That won't give best results, but generally will give usable results.

But with the LG TV remote, if you press the original remote button two early in the process, the learn will be useless. You must start the target device really learning before you press the button on the TV remote.

Lastly, for another small detail, I am using IR Max from Applied Digital to input the raw Pronto data, convert to LIR, then insert it into the table of LIR on the Ocelot.

If I had a clue what that meant, I'd make some meaningful comment about you probably did that step wrong. Since you're starting with correct Pronto Hex and ending with failure to control the device, maybe I can guess that step was wrong even though I don't know what that step was.

Hosting Services by ipHouse