Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 78 made on Sunday June 13, 2010 at 23:24
crosen
April 2009
On June 13, 2010 at 22:46, phil said...
crosen
I think what you are trying to say is that if I encrypt data using Key"A" and then encrypt the same data using Key "B", then while encrypted the the 2 encrypted data streams do not consist of the same 1s and 0s because different Keys were used.

Yes, excatly.

But when both are decrytped the data is identical.

Yes.

When HDMI is thrown into the mix the 1s, and 0s are different when between the source-to-AVR compared to the 1s and 0s when they are between the AVR and sink.

Yes, and therefore it seems logical to conclude that the AVR is not simply "passing through" the stream from its input (i.e. from the source) to the output (i.e. to the sink.) Rather, it would seem that the AVR is creating a fresh, new stream of bits.

This seemingly logical conclusion (i.e. that the AVR is creating a fresh, new stream of bits (with fresh timing and voltage levels) when sending video to the display) runs counter to what everybody here seems to be saying. I am trying to figure out where the truth lies.

But when decrypted both are the same, and if they are the same why would this matter?

Well, the significance of all this that I'm focused on is whether the encryption proves that the AVR is creating a new bit stream with fresh timing and voltage levels. I know I'm having trouble conveying this idea clearly.

All I'm saying is that if the 1s and 0s are different when between the source-to-AVR compared to the 1s and 0s when they are between the AVR and sink, then the AVR is obviously creating a new bit stream to send to the sink.

I just want an "expert" to either verify that this is true, or else point out the flaw in logic that makes it appear true to me.  Brent, Audible Solutions, Bob, et al all say it is not true.  I don't have an explanation about where there is a flaw in the logic, though.
If it's not simple, it's not sufficiently advanced.

Hosting Services by ipHouse