Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 75 made on Sunday June 13, 2010 at 20:27
crosen
April 2009
On June 13, 2010 at 18:52, Audible Solutions said...
Why do you care at all how devices read the data? You do want to be mindful that there are a finite number of devices that a source will permit before deciding the system is illegal and turning off video. How the repeater strips off the data is important how? For what reason?

I specifically seek to verify whether an AVR repeats inbound video as is (timing issues and all) to the display, or whether there is an element of signal restoration. I'm sure you will agree this is important information for a CI.

(I have been told that there is no signal restoration from the AVR. However, I have also been told that there is no encryption on the TMDS stream. It clearly makes sense to vet any assertion :-)

You apparently do not see the connection between how encryption is handled over the HDMI links and whether the AVR creates a new stream. However, I have presented an argument that there is a connection, and that through this connection it becomes apparent that the AVR does, in fact, perform an element of signal restoration.

Here is argument, again, in a more brief form:

a. if the video stream on the inbound link to the AVR is encrypted using a different set of keys from the video stream on the outbound link from the AVR, then the two video streams do not consist of the same bits. Agreed?

b. also: if the video stream on the inbound link to the AVR does not consist of the same bits as the video stream on the oubound link from the AVR to the display, then the AVR is not simply repeating the inbound link. Rather, it is creating a new one. Agreed?

c. it follows that: if the video stream on the two links are encrypted using different keys, then the AVR is not simply repeating the first link. Agreed?

I believe both a. and b. are true. That means c. is true.

Right or wrong?

Last edited by crosen on June 13, 2010 20:40.
If it's not simple, it's not sufficiently advanced.

Hosting Services by ipHouse