Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 50 made on Sunday June 13, 2010 at 11:05
crosen
April 2009
On June 13, 2010 at 10:53, Brentm said...
Crosen:
As everybody has already said the AVR does NOT create a "NEW" signal, it is not a repeater in the sense that it will take a weak signal, determine if it is a "1" or a "0" and recreate it as an output (some "upper end" product does do this0.

Why do you keep insisting that the AVR provides "New Data"?

OK, thank you for asking me a specific question like this to help suss out the issue. The answer to this question is what I tried to explain in my "four points" argument.

In short, I insist the AVR produces "new data" because the stream it sends to the display is using a different set of encryption keys than the stream it receives from the source. The encryption keys are applied to the raw data and transform it from one set of bytes to an entirely different set of bytes. If a pixel in the stream from the source to the AVR was encrypted as 00001111, then it would not by encrypted as 00001111 when it was sent from the AVR to the display. It would be, say, 01010101. Totally different data!

If the byte stream the AVR sends is different from the byte stream it receives, then it is sending a new stream, right???!!!

(Again, I try to explain this more clearly in my "four points" argument.)

If I am incorrect here, please tell me how!?

Last edited by crosen on June 13, 2010 11:17.
If it's not simple, it's not sufficiently advanced.

Hosting Services by ipHouse