The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 48 made on Sunday June 13, 2010 at 10:53
Brentm
Ethereal Home Theater
July 2003
On June 13, 2010 at 10:36, crosen said...
Brent - "signal loss" in this context is the the loss between what comes in to the AVR and what goes out, right? So, if the AVR is the source of a new signal, then there is no "signal loss" here, per se. That is my point, but no one seems to be addressing it.

Instead of just telling me outright that I am nuts, perhaps you can point out which of the 4 points in my argument is false. To just dismiss my argument by saying "WTF" without indicating where the argument goes wrong just doesn't make any sense to me.

Crosen:
As everybody has already said the AVR does NOT create a "NEW" signal, it is not a repeater in the sense that it will take a weak signal, determine if it is a "1" or a "0" and recreate it as an output (some "upper end" product does do this0.
Repeaters that do this (our SR-1 for example) do NOT do anything except read and recreate (see prev. reference to fax or photocopier) they do not change OR understand the encryption/keysets (they are Dumb devices).

Why do you keep insisting that the AVR provides "New Data"?
To the best of my recollection no one has indicated that it is (unless there is an analog to digital conversion done by the AVR).

We (pretty much all here) keep showing you the answers to your questions but you keep rejecting based or a misinterpretation of what you have read online.

You keep insisting that there is (or at least should be) no loss when routing thru an AVR when "ALL" posts to date (including from Mfgr's) tell you otherwise.
I do not know where else to go with this.

At this point I can only suggest that take in one of Jeff Bocciaccios HDMI classes as he might be able to better explain it.
Brent McCall
Paid Endorser for;
Ethereal (386) 846-7264 Cell

Hosting Services by ipHouse