The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday June 11, 2010 at 21:11
dafunkdawg
Long Time Member
August 2002
I am certain that I have installed close to the same system any times. 95% of my jobs involve a low end Denon and a Cox STB. Most of them have a 12' HDMI but I have plenty of them with 30' -50' and have even used some 75' cables after days of troubleshooting HDMI baluns. Ethereal - Knoll - generic with no luck. I have run around buying leviton brand rj-45 ends , pulling out cat5 replacing it with cat6 on at least 2 memorable occasions. I very seldom have the pleasure of selling all of my preferred equipment and placing it in my preferred locations , and I hate to turn the jobs away . Heck I have to eat and these days it almost seems like a luxury at times. I have not been to any of this guys trainings but I have talked with Brent in the past and man that guy has some major HDMI knowledge. I do countless hours of reading and research online but I think my issue may have something to do with faulty component in the mix. I have heard of pixelation issue being the HDMI being at it limit without complete fail . and this is probably one of those cheap cables that is not tested individually for HDMI compliance but I have used many of them in the past and never have seen a bad one. Plus I used another cable across the floor for test purposes. I may have two problems here or maybe the inferior HDMI cable has caused something else to fail . I have never heard of this and do not even know if it is possible.

Hosting Services by ipHouse