Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 55 made on Thursday June 10, 2010 at 15:08
mariomp
Loyal Member
November 2006
For the lucky ones that don't have issues with WIFI communications:

For a simple single TSU9600 & RFX9600 setup, with really minimal ProntoScript in the mix (HAI module only)...

What router/AP do you use and what settings do you utilize?

I'm getting tired of "Command Failed" issues.
My clients are getting tired. Few of them that didn't even want to discuss $300+ AP solutions, are now asking me to put something, anything, that in a word, just works.

This shouldn't be that difficult.
I'm in a rural area and so are some of my clients that are having connection issues, with no other WiFi signals in range.

I, like others have made sure that my controller/extender/router/AP were all up to date. I played with WEP, WAP, no-security, different timeouts, etc. I haven't tried with unit in the base, cause it's a wireless remote that won't be used from the base.

I can stand 5 or 50 feet away from my AP unit and get the same results. 50-80% of the time all works well. It's the other % that is my issue, and what my clients remember.

I'm at a client's house right now, and I was just issuing a simple 4 step macro: TV On (IR), DirecTV On (WiFi), Matrix source select (WiFi).
It all worked well 4 times, for me.
Turned the components off; called a client to show how it works.
Client stood in the same spot (8-10' from D-Link DIR-625 router) and that %$#^&!% thing did work (command failed, and extender didn't receive the signal). Yes the TV turned on (IR).

I know the Pronto dropped WiFi when the screen went dark. But my client doesn't care. They want a working system and they deserve it.

I called Pronto tech support, they were no help, I mean none at all.
Guy started talking about lighting conditions and version of my PEP. Nothing that had any relevance to the issue at hand. He's suppose to email his eng dept., we'll see if I ever hear from them.

Please help me! Tell me what to get and what to set it to, and I will!
If it takes a $600+ Rokus unit, than so be it.

Mario

Hosting Services by ipHouse