The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday June 8, 2010 at 13:06
Alchemist
Long Time Member
February 2006
Today the service technican from Philips called me back, after I called Philips Netherlands last week because of my "LCD doesn't turn of since EPG was terminated" problem. He has bad news for me.

The I pronto is not longer supported by Philips, that means - spareparts are not longer available (battery, wlan card,....) - no new firmware - no solution for the EPG problem. He told me that it seems, that the firmware upgrade will also not work in near future.

He tried to find out if I can someone contact about the firmware or that Philips will place a "dummy" EPG file on their website to suggest the iPronto that the EPG download was successful, but as usual in a big company, he didn't found any information.

For me personal, i find the behaviour of Philips a unbounded cheek. The unit was first sold in 2003, the price was about 1500 $ and now it is not longer supported.

I will contact Philips by postal mail at adress to make a complain:

Global headquarters
Philips Research
High Tech Campus 5
5656 AE Eindhoven
The Netherlands

I am afraid it will not help, but if someone else is angry about what Philips does, feel free to make also a complain. Maybe if they get a lot of complains the will change their mind.

Best regards
Alchemist

Hosting Services by ipHouse