Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday June 3, 2010 at 15:49
JoeyCes
One In A Million
May 2004
I only mess with the DSLR stuff...

But congrat's on the new camera! 720p video is great to have now-a-days, especially when you are doing live events like DJ'ing.

I used to edit my photos/videos mainly on a 3 year old Sony Laptop, which had only 2gigs of ram, centrino duo, and only 256MB video ram. Any sort of video editing from 720p to 1080p was HORRIBLE! I actually stop doing any editing at all since it was so frustrating.

I then went out and bought a iMac, i7 processor, 16gig ram, etc... I am just amazed at what I was missing. Video editing is now a breeze. I render all my stuff at full resolution 1080p (until I get that new Red 2K Camera, LOL) and it is smooth as silk.

If you really see yourself editing Video, especially for commercial purposes like your website, then it is a must to upgrade your processing hardware, I know times are tough and I hate to advise that, but even if your current PC is powerful enough to render edited videos, it will take you much, much longer.

As for just photos, that camera takes very decent photos, I am actually suprised at the lab tests for ISO noise, seems to be a decent sensor in that cam. I wonder about low light noise though!

What really matters is that you go out and start shooting pictures, and most of all have fun!

I'm just blabbering now, LOL.

Hosting Services by ipHouse