The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Tuesday June 1, 2010 at 00:07
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
On May 31, 2010 at 23:54, dafunkdawg said...
Ever listen to Leo Laporte? There used to be a tv show called The Screensavers on Tech Tv that was hosted by him , but now he has a podcast network that gets me through my driving back and forth to jobs . The shows I like are Home Theater Geeks and The Tech Guy. They are on the iTunes store for free and I learn something new almost every day from them.I highly recommend checking it out , I am sure it would appeal to every self proclaimed geek on this site. He swears by NOD32 antivirus. It is supposedly lighter weight and uses some sort or "advanced heuristic" that identifies virus like activity in files before they are tagged as virus's (viri - LOL). Personally I do not use any antivirus though.

I used NOD32 the last time i had antivirus and it was super lightweight. I keep windows updated and stay away from sites that are not well known and browse with firefox, i dont use a mail client because i check it all online etc. My guess is that i picked up the virus following an image link via google images but i really don't know. Its possible i picked it up from someone i know sending me a file but i cant recall that happening recently.

The reason i am even thinking about antivirus software is because its so freaking annoying to go to google and click a link and end up at houseofpoo.com or seflishboy.net. driving me nuts :). Im not joking about those domains.. i am ending up there. Wtf right?
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse