The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 50 made on Monday May 31, 2010 at 22:51
daveand
Long Time Member
January 2010
As far as I can tell there has been no progress. I keep checking the pronto.philips.com website and there has been no update I can find there. I have tried twice emailing support via the pronto website and they have yet to answer me. I have tried pretty much everything in this thread - including running both RFX9400 and TSU9600 on DHCP. There is no other traffic on this segment of the LAN. I only have 4 devices running on a standalone wireless network. The wireless access point. A NAS with squeezeserver running (the NAS has 2 NICs so I have one port dedicated to the TSU9600). The TSU9600 and the RFX9400. The RFX9400 is wired and the TSU is the only thing that talks wireless on this segment. No-one else in the vicinity is using this wireless channel, and it is the best wireless channel for minimal interference (plus I have tried other channels).

If I leave the TSU9600 in the cradle I get a lot less errors (which is how I use it now). I have tried rolling back the firmware (I only get the errors since the new firmware last December) unfortunately, all that did was brick my RFX9400 and forced me to replace it.

I'm get desperate - I'm on the verge of throwing out the whole Pronto setup and getting the Harmony remotes instead. At least they work, even if they don't have the wireless to allow me to use the SqueezeServer properly. I could basically use a Harmony remote and one of Logitech's custom wifi remotes for the SqueezeServer.

If anyone has any further ideas, or any idea when Philips are actually going to pull their finger and and fix this problem which has made thousands of dollars worth of equipment worthless because of a bad update, please let me know. It is getting rather depressing.

Hosting Services by ipHouse