The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday May 24, 2010 at 05:29
ppl
Lurking Member
May 2010
EPG will not update either, but that was expected. Companies change and so to does their services and products.
That said, I don't use the Internet on iPronto now, although tested a few days ago. I only just got it as a birthday present.

I have not got NetX box or anything else and lets face it, the browser is incapable of doing much now anyway, it so out of date and with no updates in sight or the code being released, its pointless. And slow.... well.

My EPG account details are 'blank' and the wireless connection is to my own wireless private network (not hooked to ISPs Modem but my own).

Actually, you don't need NetX either, an cheap Audio/Video Transmitter/Receiver will do just as well (the ones you use for normal remote control for other rooms on TV, Dvd and so on). Serves two purposes and cheaper. Tested it myself and works well for all devices and iPronto. However, a wide 'beam' transmitted signal device (without attaching little IR units to the face of your TV,dvd) would be a better solution. Looking for that now.

I don't get any problems with anything staying ON with the iPronto, eg; LEDs etc.
The battery (I believe its the same as the date released) lasts for days and days and all works well.
This must be one of a few that work as it was intended with the exception of using WEP encryption to log onto ISP. This may be due to the sign of the times, things change.

Phlips (Belgium?) are a waste of time on most of their after care services. I begin to doubt if the unit was manufactured by them anyway, just re-badged like some of Grundig's old stuff. Have a look at a Korean company called Sorell if you want to buy stuff. Knock the stuffing out of European manufacturers in quality and features and the prices, well, take a look.

I love my iPronto. It does ALL the buttons of ALL the remote controls of our Tv's, Dvds, Media Player, old Projectors and PMP without a problem, 12 in all).
The MMC card works well and the 2.6 software does what I need. Just wish the firmware was available in .bin format and it could be loaded to iPronto via the MMC card rather that relying on some website (now that was a stupid idea or is it built in obsolescence? I wonder).

Cheers

Hosting Services by ipHouse