Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Monday May 17, 2010 at 18:18
Fiasco
July 2009
Ra2 keypads are compatible with decora wallplates. I have several RA keypads and Maestro dimmers behind off the shelf decora plates.

What standard decora plates are not compatible with is the back plate on RA devices which lets you snap in the cover so you do not have visible screws. Remove the snap in back plate... problem solved.

On March 11, 2010 at 17:22, Neurorad said...
There are switches in a house that don't NEED to be automated, but, IMO, SHOULD be replaced, if they are in a multigang with a new Maestro style dimmer.

Mix of toggles and Decoras in a single plate wouldn't be very good, IMO.

Realistically, we're not going to replace a multigang box with a KP, using RA2.

I found that RA2 keypads are NOT compatible with standard Decora wallplates, at least that's what Lutron says, in the RA2 Wall-mount Designer Keypad product spec sheet, middle of page 1.

[Link: radiora2.com]

KPs will logically be added as an additional gang to existing boxes, at least until the Hybrid KP is released. How easy is it to obtain the multigang Claro plates? Will the Claro plates by a problem for non-Lutron, unautomated Decora switches?

Am I overthinking this, or just tackle it when issues arise?

Edit - maybe a separate old work j-box would be a lot easier, with some careful location selection.
Pump House on Facebook: [Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse