The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday May 16, 2010 at 12:37
kstrange
Long Time Member
February 2007
Post again with ISP name, ISP modem's manufacturer name and model number, Router's manufacturer name and model number, and how it's hooked up. It will be easier for me to understand what's going on if I know all of the parts you're using.

Typically you will connect the cable or phone line directly into your modem and then connect an ethernet cable from the LAN or ETHERNET port of the modem to the WAN or INTERNET port of your router. You then need to unplug the modems power for a few minutes, turn on the router and then turn on the modem again so it will connect to the router.

You would then type 192.168.0.1 into your browser and enter the username and password to configure your router for your home network security and such.

I've forgotten, is there a spot for you to enter a port number in the iPronto network settings? If so you would have to configure this in your routers port forwarding section too.

Your settings for the computer ip, subnet mask, and DNS seem fine!

I guess I'm confused about what you're asking though, are you saying you can connect to your wireless network with your computer and go on the internet? If so, your router is connected and working fine with your modem. So all of the other computers should be able to connect to the internet too as long as they have wireless cards, bridges, or a hardwired connection.

Anything plugged into your router or connected wirelessly to your "SSID" is already on your "Private home network" and will connect to the internet too if the router is online.

You said ISP's wireless modem. Maybe your modem has built in routing and you need to set up your second router as a bridge or assign it a static IP and disable the DHCP. You can't use 2 routers without some configuring.

Get back to me when you can with the manufacturer/model names and a full detail of connections and I'll try to help you the best that I can. I'm not an IT guy but I have a fairly good knowlege of how to do basic setups.

-Kevin

Hosting Services by ipHouse