Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday May 12, 2010 at 03:14
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On May 10, 2010 at 17:34, Zog said...
New TV (Panny G20), so I now need to edit my device (RU-940) for the first time in a while.

First problem I have is in selecting an input for the screen as I use it purely as a monitor for my AV amp.

If you used it purely as a monitor, then all audio and video would go through the AV amp and ONE video output would go to the TV. Thus no problem.

But if you're using the AV amp as an audio amp and using the TV as a video selector/monitor, then I see your problem.

On the TV remote I would do this by selecting "Input" - scroll button - select.
The issue is that the starting position for the scroll position is always the source currently being watched, so the number of scroll pushes for each source changes dependant upon what you are currently watching.

The classic solution to this before discretes existed was to hit channel up, which would always take you to the TV tuner. From there it was always some number of pushes to each other input.

Video 1 would be
channel up
Video

Video 2 would be
channel up
video
video

Video 6 would be
channel up
video
video
video
video
video
video

That's what we had before discrete codes.

A few years ago someone -- I firmly believe it was a junior engineer who did not understand why TVs were built the way they were -- at Samsung created a situation where channel up, when on a video input, did not switch to the TV tuner, but instead yielded the message "that function is not available."
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse